The Lisbon Sketch II – Norms on a Tram
It’s another busy day in Lisbon’s Praça do Comércio, bustling central square of Portugal’s capital city, and transport hub for the many passing rambling little trams from Lisbon’s pre-war era. Here in the square which was the site of Lisbon’s former palace before revolution in 1910 made it the centre of the new Republic’s administration, Lisbon locals, business Norms, and tourist Norms alike mix, mingle and meander against the backdrop of the square’s vast geometric cobbled paving and its impressive triumphal arch.
But for these Norms, there is little time to gaze in wonder at the palatial surroundings. For now it’s time to board the number 83 tram which will take these little passengers straight along the coast to Belém, under the gigantic Ponte 25 de Abril and past the little residential districts sprawling in its ample shadow. It’s a busy day and there are plenty already on board, as as these Norms are about to find out, it doesn’t take much to fill these cute little vehicles. Best let them get on with it…
© Nicholas de Lacy-Brown and The Daily Norm, 2001-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material, whether written work, photography or artwork, included within The Daily Norm without express and written permission from The Daily Norm’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Nicholas de Lacy-Brown and The Daily Norm with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- The Lisbon Sketch – Norm Monument to Discoveries (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – The Photos: Part I (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – The Photos: Part II (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – Day One: Decadence and Decay (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – Day Two: The Ages of the Sea (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – Day Three: The Prince of Belém (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – Day Four: Alfama the Survivor (daily-norm.com)
- Lisbon – Day Five: Bye Bye via the Baixa (daily-norm.com)
Absolutely brilliantly amazing
I love the Norms!! You are so good!